Inspirational :: Motivational :: Success :: Short Stories

My Favorite Video :: THE INNER POWER :: SECRET

Lovely Zen Story :: A Cup Of Tea

Zen
Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

3 comments:

Babli said...

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.
I appreciate for your wonderful and informative post.

Reiki by shiko said...

Hello.

I am very interested.

I am glad to meet your blog.

Thank you.

surjit1754 said...

Preconceived notions are obstacles to the process of learning & enlightenment.
It is an enlightening experience to visit this blog esp. ""Lovely Zen Story :: A Cup Of Tea".
The blog is amazing.

The Law of ATTRACTION VISUALIZATION EMPOWERMENT